Are you passionate about helping public and private decision-makers take on transportation planning and investment challenges? Are you fascinated about how infrastructure affects people and the economy? Do you enjoy using data to analyze how plans for transportation projects, programs, and policies can achieve better outcomes? Are you a self-motivated and creative problem-solver? Do you like working in a lively and engaging environment with like-minded colleagues? If so, we’re looking for someone like you to join our team as a Transportation Planning Analyst in our growing downtown Boston headquarters.
Transportation Analyst (focus on Data Analytics)
Across the nation and around the world, how transportation systems provide access and connections to jobs, commerce, and daily activities is becoming a focal point of infrastructure planning and investment decisions. And for more than two decades, EBP, formerly EDR Group , has been at the forefront of developing methods to assess the impact of transportation on productivity and quality of life. This means thinking beyond traditional measures of the value of time and cost savings when planning and designing transportation projects and initiatives by adding a human element to our analyses.
As part of the global firm EBP, we have partner offices around the world, including Brazil, Chile, China, Germany, and Switzerland. We work with our colleagues and clients to prepare for the future, dealing with uncertainty, changing technology and climate risks, and strategic and technical challenges. Our leading-edge methods and products help policymakers and stakeholders make better decisions about investing limited infrastructure dollars.
Further, through our commitment to applying principals of resiliency, sustainability, and state-of-the-art economic analysis to infrastructure investment decisions, we seek to be the employer of choice for like-minded professionals. Our team is expanding to support strong growth as we serve new clients on these exciting topics. We are committed to building a diverse and welcoming team. We have a collaborative culture in which we come together to share ideas and develop methods and products of the highest possible quality.
We are always seeking analytically minded people who are passionate about transportation and economic analysis. Our people work on strategic planning, long range planning and visioning, and policy research for clients such as state DOTs, MPOs, transit agencies, and airport and bridge authorities. They contribute to a wide range of projects such as:
- Interactions between infrastructure, land use, and economic development
- Scenario planning, especially for long range multimodal, freight, rail, and resiliency plans
- Business processes for multimodal project prioritization, programming, and finance and revenue
- Performance management, metrics, and reporting, including accessibility measures
- Emerging technologies, connected and autonomous vehicles and new transportation business models
- Environmental justice, equity, and research on specific subpopulations and users
- Electric vehicle impacts and infrastructure needs and broader energy analysis
Our analysts also contribute to large-scale research efforts and present findings to clients and professional organizations.
We seek people with the following qualifications:
- A degree related to transportation, urban/regional planning, public policy, public administration, business analytics, trade and logistics, data science, regional science, or economics
- Excellent English-language written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated ability to communicate concisely and effectively in a business environment
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with clients and others in a research team
- Demonstrated experience related to transportation
We also need people with experience in planning and policy research methods and the ability to blend qualitative and quantitative analyses. This quantitative experience may include, but is not limited to:
- Statistical analysis, discrete choice models, econometric modelling, forecasting, and/or risk analysis
- Spatial analysis and cartography in QGIS, ArcGIS, or web tools
- Programming, survey analytics, and data visualization in R or Python
- Developing and administering surveys and analyzing survey datasets
- Basic theories of travel demand forecasting and modeling for various modes and tools
What We Offer You
- The opportunity to work on projects that seek to make transportation planning and investment more beneficial to both users and society
- Opportunities to learn our leading-edge methods for analyzing the economic benefits and costs of transportation projects, plans, and policies of all sizes and locations across the country
- Opportunities to collaborate with other analysts, planners, and economists inside and outside EBP in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Opportunities for career advancement and promotions
- Competitive salary and benefits as well as flexible work hours and generous personal time off
- Regular opportunities for professional development through internal trainings, mentorship, and professional associations
About Our Boston Headquarters
Our office culture is one in which we strive to support each other in work and life. Strong values, flexibility, and exceptional quality work are just a few of the characteristics we hold in high regard. Our office is a creative space filled with talented people, making it an ideal place to advance your career. We value and support a range of professional development opportunities, including mentorship, training, and professional associations and conferences. We are located just a few minutes’ walk from three T subway lines, Boston’s South Station (commuter rail and Amtrak), and Boston’s vibrant Chinatown, Seaport, and Public Garden. Our building includes bike parking and health club facilities opened in 2019, offered at low rates to building tenants.
How to Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter, and relevant work examples to email@example.com. Please state in your cover letter: (1) the position for which you are applying, (2) your professional goals and interests, (3) your skills and qualifications for specific roles, (4) your availability to work at our headquarters in downtown Boston, and (5) confirmation of U.S. citizenship or work authorization type and validity period. EBP is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.