EBP is seeking an experienced professional to join our Transportation Economics team to help lead our growing aviation practice in our downtown Boston headquarters.
Senior Aviation Economics Consultant
As a Senior Aviation Consultant, you’ll focus on projects related, but not limited to, airports, airlines, air cargo, and tourism. You will identify, pursue, and win consulting projects in the aviation and airport markets. You’ll also be responsible for leading and managing consulting projects and professional teams, including forming teams when EBP is putting itself forward as the prime contractor. In addition, you may work as part of EBP staff teams and provide leadership and expertise in projects that may stretch beyond aviation (examples include surface and water transportation modes, land use, industry analyses and other types of infrastructure). You will also manage and mentor junior staff, and help maintain and expand EBP's profile as a national leader in cutting edge analysis and methods by authoring professional papers, making conference and industry association presentations and similar efforts.
EBP (formerly EDR Group) has been at the forefront of developing methods to assess the impact of transportation on productivity and quality of life for more than two decades. This means thinking beyond traditional measures of the value of time and cost savings when planning and designing transportation projects and initiatives by adding a human element to our analyses.
As part of the global firm EBP, we have partner offices around the world, including Brazil, Chile, China, Germany, and Switzerland. We work with our colleagues and clients to prepare for the future, dealing with uncertainty, changing technology and climate risks, and strategic and technical challenges. Our leading-edge methods and products help policymakers and stakeholders make better decisions about investing limited infrastructure dollars.
Further, through our commitment to applying principals of resiliency, sustainability, and state-of-the-art economic analysis to infrastructure investment decisions, we seek to be the employer of choice for like-minded professionals. Our team is expanding to support strong growth as we serve new clients in the airport and aviation economics arena. We are committed to building a diverse and welcoming team. We have a collaborative culture in which we come together to share ideas and develop methods and products of the highest possible quality.
To apply to be our Senior Aviation Consultant, you need to have:
- Five (5) or more years professional experience as a consultant in aviation or closely-related fields
- Knowledge of data analysis and tools related to multiple fields of aviation economics, including impact analyses, benefit-cost analyses, and tax/revenue analyses
- Extensive knowledge of the national aviation consulting environment
- Experience in management position(s) with staff and business-line responsibilities
- Demonstrated success in business development and client management, including developing, leading and collaborating with multidisciplinary staff teams
- Demonstrated record in adapting and responding quickly and effectively to dynamic business situations and needs
- Excellent English-language business communication (written and verbal) skills, including public-facing, client-facing, and internal-facing experience
- An undergraduate or master’s level degree in economics or closely-related field
What We Offer You
- The opportunity to work on projects that seek to make transportation planning and investment more beneficial to both users and society, and a commitment for flexibility and professional growth. You will not be placed in a silo.
- Opportunities for career advancement and promotions
- Opportunities to learn our leading-edge methods for analyzing the economic benefits and costs of transportation projects, plans, and policies of all sizes and locations across the country
- Opportunities to collaborate with other analysts, planners, and economists inside and outside EBP in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Competitive salary and benefits as well as flexible work hours and generous personal time off
- Regular opportunities for professional development through internal trainings, mentorship, and professional associations
About Our Boston Headquarters
Our office culture is one in which we strive to support each other in work and life. Strong values, flexibility, and exceptional quality work are just a few of the characteristics we hold in high regard. Our office is a creative space filled with talented people, making it an ideal place to advance your career. We value and support a range of professional development opportunities, including mentorship, training, and professional associations and conferences. We are located just a few minutes’ walk from three T subway lines, Boston’s South Station (commuter rail and Amtrak), and Boston’s vibrant Chinatown, Seaport, and Public Garden. Our building includes bike parking and health club facilities offered at low rates to building tenants.
How to Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter, and relevant work examples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state in your cover letter: (1) the position for which you are applying, (2) your professional goals and interests, (3) your skills and qualifications for specific roles, (4) your availability to work at our headquarters in downtown Boston, and (5) confirmation of U.S. citizenship or permanent residency. EBP is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer. We are not currently accepting H-1B applicants for this position. For more information, email email@example.com.