About EBP: Across the nation and around the world, how transportation systems provide access and connections to jobs, commerce, and daily activities is a focal point of infrastructure planning and investment decisions. For more than two decades, EBP has been at the forefront of assessing the impact of transportation on people and businesses – thinking beyond traditional measures like the roadway performance to add a human element to our analyses.
We have experts across a global network of offices, including Brazil, Chile, China, Germany, and Switzerland. We work with our colleagues to prepare clients for the future, dealing with uncertainty, changing technology, climate risk, and strategic and technical challenges. Our leading-edge methods support better policymaker and stakeholder decisions about investing limited infrastructure dollars.
Committed to applying principals of sustainability, resiliency, and state-of-the-art economic analysis to infrastructure investment decisions, we seek to be the employer of choice for like-minded professionals. Our team is expanding to support strong growth as we serve new clients on these exciting topics. We are committed to building a diverse and welcoming team. We have a collaborative culture in which we come together to share ideas and develop methods and products of the highest possible quality.
Transportation Analysts - Spatial and Economic Focus
We seek analytic individuals who are passionate about transportation as well as spatial and economic analysis. We work on strategic planning, policy research, and economic analyses for a broad range of clients, including research programs, the federal government, NGOs, state DOTs, MPOs, transit agencies, and airport authorities. These analysts would contribute to project topics such as:
- Interactions between infrastructure, land use, and economic development
- Scenario planning, especially for long range multimodal, freight, rail, and resiliency plans
- Access, equity, and research on specific subpopulations and users
- Financial and economic models leveraging inter-industry relationships and characteristics
- Performance management, metrics, and reporting, including accessibility measures
We seek people with the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in spatial analysis using ArcGIS, QGIS, and/or web tools
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Programming/scripting and data visualization in R or Python
- Statistical analysis, discrete choice models, econometric modelling, and forecasting
- Analyzing survey datasets with accurate weights and linkages to supporting data
- Travel demand forecasting and modeling and traffic simulation tools for various modes
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and report progress virtually to a client/manager
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with clients and others in a team
- Excellent English-language written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated ability to communicate concisely and effectively in a work environment
- Experience in planning and policy research and the ability to blend qualitative and quantitative analyses.
- A degree related to transportation, urban/regional planning, geography, data science, economics, or policy analysis
- Experience similar to a project-based consulting environment
These are early career positions for people who would like to grow with EBP.
What We Offer You
- The opportunity to work on projects that seek to make transportation planning and investment more beneficial to society
- Opportunities to learn our leading-edge methods for analyzing the economic benefits and costs of transportation projects, plans, and policies of all sizes and locations across the country
- Opportunities to collaborate with other analysts, planners, and economists inside and outside EBP in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Opportunities for career advancement and promotions
- Competitive salary and benefits as well as flexible work hours and generous personal time off
- Regular opportunities for professional development through internal trainings, mentorship, and professional associations
Work Culture and Location
Note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we currently assume this position will start in a remote/work at home setting. When allowed by public health and safety conditions and guidance, we expect this position to transition to working with our staff in our downtown Boston headquarters on a mutually agreed schedule.
Our culture is one in which we strive to support each other in work and life. Strong values, flexibility, and exceptional quality work are just a few of the characteristics we hold in high regard. We value and support a range of professional development opportunities, including mentorship, training, and engagement with professional associations and at conferences. We also take time to connect through shared activities like Lunch and Learns and Friday morning coffee hours. We are committed to practicing these values while staff continues to primarily work from home and to integrating this position into the firm remotely. We seek candidates with a proven ability to be productive and comfortable working in such an environment.
Teamwork and collaboration are important components of our ability to deliver high quality work to clients and candidates. Our office is a creative space filled with talented people, making it an ideal place to advance your career. We are located just a few minutes’ walk from three T subway lines, Boston’s South Station (commuter rail and Amtrak), and Boston’s vibrant downtown, Chinatown, Seaport, and Public Garden areas. Our building includes bike parking and health club facilities, offered at low rates to building tenants.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and two work examples to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please state: (1) your professional goals and interests, (2) your skills and qualifications, (3) your availability to work at our headquarters in downtown Boston when health and safety conditions allow, and (4) confirmation of U.S. citizenship or work authorization type and validity period.
Your work examples should include (1) a writing sample showing narrative presentation of analysis and (2) a technical document or presentation as well as supporting code and/or data files (e.g., .R or .PY files) that show your work.
EBP is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ+ employer. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.