EBP, an international consulting firm, provides strategic planning, policy research and development, and economic analysis for a broad range of clients, including companies, research programs, the federal government, economic development organizations, NGOs, state DOTs, MPOs, transit agencies, ports, and airport authorities.
Consultant/Analyst - Economic & Strategic Planning Focus
Our consultant/analysts contribute to projects in areas such as:
- The movement and expansion of business and investment between regions
- Interactions between infrastructure, land use, and economic development
- Scenario planning, especially for long range multimodal, freight, rail, and resiliency plans
- Research on equity and differences in needs and impacts across subpopulations/communities
- Financial and economic models leveraging inter-industry relationships and characteristics
- Developing strategies for sustainable, responsible growth and resilience
- Performance management, metrics, and reporting, including accessibility measures
About the Position
For this Consultant/Analyst position, we seek people with the following qualifications and characteristics:
- Background in analysis of social and economic data
- Experienced with statistical analysis, econometric modelling, and/or forecasting
- Interest in planning and policy research and the ability to blend qualitative and quantitative analyses
- Curiosity and willingness to delve into unfamiliar topics and to learn new skills
- Ability to stay organized while balancing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Excellent English-language written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated ability to communicate concisely and effectively
- Ease in making presentations
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Strong entrepreneurial and organizational skills
- A degree related to urban/regional planning, geography, data science, economics, or public policy
In addition, experience in one or more of the following areas is beneficial:
- Spatial analysis using ArcGIS or QGIS
- Data visualization
- Benefit-cost analysis
- Input-output analysis/Economic impact analysis
- Analyzing survey datasets with accurate weights and linkages to supporting data
- Experience with programming and/or scripting
While we are interested with candidates with some professional experience, this is an early-career position designed for people who would like to grow with EBP.
What We Offer You
- The opportunity to help make planning, infrastructure, economic development, and investment more beneficial to society
- Opportunities to learn our cutting-edge methods for analyzing the economic benefits and costs of projects, plans, and policies of all sizes and locations across the country/globe
- A collaborative and dynamic environment in which you will work with other analysts, planners, and economists within and outside EBP
- Numerous paths for career advancement and promotions
- Competitive salary and benefits as well as flexible work hours, hybrid work location options, and generous personal time off
- Regular opportunities for professional development through coaching, internal training, conference attendance, professional associations, and exchanges with our international offices
Work Culture and Location
At EBP, we strive to support one another in work and in life. Strong values, flexibility, and exceptional quality work are just a few of the characteristics we hold in high regard. We take time to connect through shared activities like Lunch and Learns, Wellness Wednesdays, Friday morning coffee hours, and retreats. Teamwork and collaboration are important components of our ability to deliver high quality work to clients and candidates.
We are headquartered in downtown Boston, just a few minutes’ walk from three T subway lines, Boston’s South Station (commuter rail and Amtrak), and Boston’s vibrant downtown, Chinatown, Seaport, and Public Garden areas. We operate in a hybrid environment of both in-office and remote collaboration. Boston-area staff generally work at least two days per week in our office, a creative space filled with talented people. Our building includes bike parking and health club facilities. We also have remote staff located across the county who stay connected through regular visits to our headquarters and our team’s use of Microsoft Teams.
While our preference is to base this position in our downtown Boston headquarters, we will also consider remote work arrangements for qualified candidates who reside outside the Boston metropolitan region. New remote employees are expected to travel to our Boston headquarters at the start of the position for up to a week of on-boarding and to schedule week-long visits to our headquarters 3-4 times per year.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and two work examples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applications that include all the requested items will be considered.
In your cover letter, please describe: (1) your professional goals and interests, (2) your technical skills and qualifications, (3) notable examples of your research or client-oriented project experience, and (4) confirmation of U.S. citizenship or work authorization type and validity period.
For work examples, please provide reports or articles that you have written that specifically showcase both (1) your ability to find and work with data to support decision making and (2) your ability to explain the relevance of your analysis and its implications.
EBP is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ+ employer. For more information, email email@example.com.