EBP is seeking an experienced professional to join our transportation economics team and lead our aviation economic practice.
EBP is a global leader in economic analysis and planning for transportation and infrastructure, and is part of EBP Global, with offices in Switzerland, Brazil, Chile, China and Germany.
Aviation Economics Practice Lead
This person will lead projects related, but not limited to economic impacts of aviation on communities, regions and states, as well as national projects. Projects will include a focus on economic impacts and benefits of airports, air cargo, and tourism, and on airports and air service as a catalyst for economic development. This role will also participate in and support projects across our multimodal transportation and economic development markets.
This position will be responsible for leading and managing consulting projects and professional teams, including forming teams. This position also requires the ability to maintain and expand EBP’s profile as a national leader in cutting-edge analysis and methods regarding multiple facets of airport-related economic analysis by authoring professional papers, making conference and industry association presentations and similar efforts. In addition, the successful candidate is expected work as part of EBP staff teams and provide leadership and expertise in projects that stretch beyond aviation. Examples include evaluation of multimodal transportation infrastructure and projects, land use and industry analyses, and economic development strategy. An important role of the Aviation Economics Lead will be to manage, supervise, and mentor junior staff.
Candidates applying for this position must have a record of success in consulting for airports and state/national airport systems, as well as a background in economic development, economic impact analyses, and/or benefit-cost analyses. Familiarity with multi-modal transportation (passenger and/or freight) planning, investing for resilience and sustainability, modelling, and policy analysis are plusses. A graduate degree in economics, transportation or urban planning is preferred. In addition, the successful candidate will provide evidence of the following:
Five (5) or more years professional experience successfully managing large consulting projects, including multi-firm projects.
- Extensive knowledge of the national airport consulting environment, including the federal, state, and advocacy/policy organization arenas.
- Experience in management position(s) with staff and business-line responsibilities.
- Demonstrated success in business development and client management.
- Knowledge of quantitative planning and data analysis methods and tools related to multiple fields of airport economics, including impact analyses, benefit-cost analyses and tax/revenue analyses.
- Demonstrated record in adapting and responding quickly and effectively to dynamic business situations and needs.
- Excellent English-language business communication (written and verbal) skills, including public-facing, client-facing, and internal-facing experience.
Complementing the minimum qualifications listed above, the successful candidate will possess one or more of the following qualifications:
- Experience developing, leading and collaborating with multidisciplinary staff teams.
- Experience in developing Airport System Plans.
- Participation in and contributions to relevant professional organizations and journals.
- Familiarity with (or at least exposure to) advanced statistical applications such as R, SQL or Python.
The person filling this position will be invited to join our staff in our downtown Boston headquarters, but we are also open to remote work arrangements for those who reside outside of the Boston metropolitan region. Any new hire will be expected to travel to Boston at the start of the position for a week of on-boarding and, if not based in Boston, to visit our headquarters 3-4 times per year.
Regular overnight travel to client sites and for business activities may be required.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications. EBP offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Please send your resume, along with a cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Aviation Economics Practice Lead” in the subject line. Please state in your cover letter: (1) your goals and interests, (2) your skills and qualifications for this position, including any specialized expertise, (3) your availability to work at our headquarters in downtown Boston or preference to work at a remote location, and (4) confirmation of your work authorization if you are not a US citizen. EBP is an EOE / Veterans / Disabled / LGBT employer.
Please see our website for more information about our company and the breadth of our consulting and our aviation practice: ebp-us.com.