EBP is seeking a skilled analytics professional interested in helping us significantly expand our environmental and social sustainability work. The person in this position can expect to acquire, manage, and deliver on strategic planning, policy research, and economic analysis for a broad range of clients, including research programs, the federal government, non-governmental organizations, departments of transportation, metropolitan planning organizations, economic development organizations, transit agencies, ports, and airport authorities.
Sustainability Analytics Lead
EBP’s sustainability services form a cross-cutting practice that leverages our client relationships across markets to further sustainable development. We are seeking support related to addressing sustainability in topics such as:
- Interactions among infrastructure, technology, land use, and economic development
- Scenario planning, especially for long-range multimodal, freight, rail, and resiliency plans
- Research on equity and differences in needs and impacts across sub-populations & communities related to climate impacts, pollutant damages, noise, and other externalities
- Sustainable real estate practices, lifecycle cost analysis, and build environment influences
- Performance management, metrics, and reporting, including accessibility measures
- Electrification, fleet transition, supportive infrastructure, and related policies
- Household behavior and choice simulation, including applications for policy analysis and forecasting
The position is preferred to be hybrid in EBP’s Boston, MA, headquarters. However, other work locations may be considered as you will work in teams with remote staff distributed across the US and clients from coast-to-coast and internationally. Remote staff travel to Boston at least three times a year and this position is also expected to involve occasional travel to meet with clients and represent EBP at conferences and professional events.
EBP will consider applicants with a variety of different experience profiles to meet the needs of this role. Each internal classification has a compensation range with the overall position range spanning from $85,000 to $175,000. Final responsibilities and expectations will also be negotiated.
We seek people with the following qualifications:
- Success in either directly acquiring business or strongly supporting business development related to sustainability in transportation and community development
- Experience presenting results of analyses to clients and stakeholders
- Experience managing and conducting technical sustainability analysis and research
- A degree related to transportation, urban/regional planning, sustainability, environmental science, geography, data science, economics, civil engineering, sociology, or public policy
- Excellent English-language written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated ability to communicate concisely and effectively
We are looking for candidates who exhibit:
- An ability to stay organized while simultaneously balancing multiple projects and priorities
- Interest in planning and policy research, and the ability to blend qualitative and quantitative analyses
- Curiosity and willingness to delve into unfamiliar topics and learn new skills
- Passion for driving change and making a positive impact on the planet and society
We would prefer to see project examples related to issues such as:
- Applications of travel demand forecasting, modeling, and traffic simulation tools for various modes and study types, especially air quality analyses
- Sea level rise and flooding analysis
- Vulnerability, criticality, and recovery analysis for transportation networks or other infrastructure
- Accessibility analysis
- Equity and environmental justice assessments
- Communicating risk and uncertainty through tools like risk registers
- Electric vehicle policy research and forecasting
- Transit bus electrification and alternative fuel fleets
- Renewable energy, energy efficiency, and energy storage strategies
- National transportation performance datasets and practices
- Statistical analysis, econometric modelling (especially discrete choice models), and forecasting
- Data visualization, including R Shiny or other interactive web platforms
- Benefit-cost analysis
- Spatial analysis using ArcGIS or QGIS
For more than two decades, EBP has been at the forefront of infrastructure and development planning, policy, and investment. We are a specialty consulting firm focused on applications of economics to support decision-making, strategy development, and communication. Our software-as-a-service division TREDIS puts best-in-class analytic tools in our customers’ hands.
We have experts across a global network of offices, including Brazil, Chile, China, Germany, and Switzerland. We work with our colleagues to prepare clients for the future, dealing with uncertainty, changing technology, climate risk, and strategic and technical challenges.
Committed to applying principals of sustainability, resiliency, and state-of-the-art economic analysis, we seek to be the employer of choice for like-minded professionals. Our team is expanding to support strong growth as we serve our clients on these exciting topics. We are committed to building a diverse and welcoming team.
Work Environment, Benefits & Location
We strive to support each other in work and life. Strong values, flexibility, and exceptional quality work are just a few of the characteristics we hold in high regard. We value and support a range of professional development opportunities, including mentorship, training, and engagement with professional associations and at conferences. We also take time to connect through shared activities like Lunch and Learns and Friday morning coffee hours. We are committed to continuing to practice these values both in-office and through remote collaboration.
Teamwork and collaboration are important components of our ability to deliver high quality work to clients and candidates. Our Boston office is a creative space filled with talented people, making it an ideal place to advance your career.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- 30 days of paid time off per year
- Group health insurance (EBP pays 80% of the cost for employees and 70% for other family members)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group dental insurance
- High quality short-term & long-term disability insurance (EBP pays for 100%)
- Short-term disability policy supplemental benefits to provide 100% of your salary for up to six weeks of major medical leave or parental leave
- Traditional 401(k) and Roth 401(k) options – after completing one year of work with the firm, your retirement contributions are eligible for a 100% corporate match up to 4% of your annual salary
- Pre-tax MBTA passes purchased through the company for Boston-based staff
We are located just a few minutes’ walk from three T subway lines, Boston’s South Station (commuter rail and Amtrak), and Boston’s vibrant downtown, Chinatown, Seaport, and Public Garden areas. We provide pre-tax transit benefits to Boston-based Staff. Our building includes bike parking and health club facilities, offered at low rates to building tenants.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please describe: 1) your professional goals and interests, 2) your technical skills and qualifications, 3) availability to work in downtown Boston, and 4) confirmation of U.S. citizenship or work authorization type and validity period.
EBP is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ+ employer. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.