EBP analyzes the economic opportunities, impacts and benefits associated with intercity passenger rail services and facility investments – including both conventional intercity service and newer high speed rail services. The firm works for national, state and multi-state agencies across the US and Canada.
EBP's intercity passenger rail services include:
- Documenting the economic market and impact of passenger rail service to local communities,
- Evaluating the local and regional economic development impacts of new rail services,
- Predicting the local land development implications of proposed new rail stations,
- Evaluating the market for enhancing intercity rail service,
- Measuring public cost and tax revenues associated with changes in intercity rail service, and
- Conducting benefit/cost and economic impact analysis for proposed rail service enhancements.
EBP’s leadership in the field of high speed rail is demonstrated by the firm’s lead role in national studies for the US Conference of Mayors and supporting role in national work for the American Public Transit Association. These studies also address issues of intermodal connectivity as well as cluster and smart growth around station areas.